We face so many choices these days. How to spend our time. How to find time to be with friends and family. What to eat. Where to find good quality food. Whether to head to the mall or support a local craftsperson in our holiday gift buying. How to support—and feel connected to—our community.
You guessed it: heading to a winter farmers’ market this weekend is all about making good choices.
The Tilton Winter Farmers’ Market has it all—one-stop shopping! Chat with friends. Buy locally-produced, high-quality foods and crafts. Sip a hot drink and nibble a sweet treat. Know that you’re supporting the BEST winter farmers’ market in New Hampshire! (That’s right—remember? NH Magazine named us Editor’s Pick for the Best of New Hampshire 2013 awards.)
Your choice to support the local economy by shopping at the market this weekend is a good choice for you and the community as a whole. You can’t go wrong buying your food locally. The University of Vermont recently shared Ten Reasons to Buy Local Food:
- Locally grown food tastes and looks better.
- Local food is better for you.
- Local food preserves genetic diversity.
- Local food is safe.
- Local food supports local families.
- Local food builds community.
- Local food preserves open space.
- Local food keeps taxes down.
- Local food benefits the environment and wildlife.
- Local food is an investment in the future.
Be sure to stop by the Tilton Winter Farmers’ Market this weekend. We’re open Saturday and Sunday, from 10 to 2, and we’re conveniently located at the old Agway Building on Route 3 in Tilton.
It’s a good choice.